11.06.2009

For the Eloise in All of Us...


I'm in Pittsburgh, PA right now visiting my family, and met a friend for High Tea at the Omni William Penn hotel. Coincidentally, this is also the place where I had my wedding reception, but hadn't been back in 6 years! We had so much fun. You can read about it here.

Anyway, it got me thinking that High Tea would be a super fun thing to do with any little kid who's into Eloise. And you know, you don't have to go to the Plaza to partake! Spurred on by my love of fine dining, or drinking as it were, I decided to investigate some kid-friendly places to do High Tea in the Bay Area.

Here's the list!

Lovejoy's Tea Room (San Francisco) - One of the best and most well known spots for High Tea.
Secret Garden Tea House (San Francisco) - Another tea lover favorite.
The Terrace at the Ritz-Carlton (San Francisco) - High class tea time.
The Rotunda (San Francisco) - Do some shopping at Neiman's then freshen-up with some tea.
Laurel Court at the Fairmont (San Francisco) - Opulent surroundings!
Lisa's Tea Treasures (Menlo Park, San Jose, Campbell) Victorian, frilly, girly tea! They do party bookings, too.
The English Rose (San Carlos) - Nice, homey, traditional English Tea service
High Tea at the Fairmont (San Jose) - Specialty kid's menu is especially cute!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for listing the places in the Bay Area for high tea! I so miss tea with my girlfriends at the Brown Palace in Denver. So now I know where to take them!

    ReplyDelete