4.14.2009

I'm Wasted on Boys

It's been no secret my desire for a daughter someday. So much in fact that we are hoping to adopt from Korea sometime in the next few years. I'm adopted from the country myself so I think it's predestined to be this way...a sort of closing the circle if you will. Recently, I think this desire has reached all new heights. We've been invited to an astonishing number of girl birthday parties this past month, and I've gotta say I LOVE girl birthday parties! It gives me an excuse to get in touch with my fru-fru side. This has been compounded even further by my newly contracted crafting condition. So what does a craft-sick mom with a fru-fru side make the girls in her sons lives? Well, tutus of course!

I found some simple "how-to" instructions on RookieMoms here. I took it a step further by doubling up the amount of tulle (to make them fluffier) and adding some ribbons of varriying widths and colors as well. Paired with a cute, inexpensive top these make the most fabulous, one-of-a-kind gifts! They can be worn over jeans, leotards, sweats...Hell, I've half a mind to make one for myself!


Poor Alexander - he was my test manequin. I had to make sure it was going to fit, right??? ;0)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is so cute and that tutu is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally adorable! I'll bet it was a big hit with the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, thanks. Yea, she loved it much more than he did ;0)

    ReplyDelete